× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Sparc to x86

Clarkson
Aspirant

Sparc to x86

Hi
Why won't hard drives reformat form sparc to x 86 even with a reformat. Trying to reuse 2tb sea gates from a duo to a 312

Cheers

John
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

The real question is what you can do to work around it.

You can delete the partitions if you connect one drive to a Windows system. Then install on that one, and hot-insert the second.
Message 2 of 6
Clarkson
Aspirant

But I haven't got that facility or know how. All info collected said that the 312 would reformat automatically.

John
Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

It should of course have done it automatically. In your first post you said "...even with a reformat..." Did you attempt to reformat? If so, how?

Do you have a scratch disk that wasn't in the duo that you could use?

If so, you can
(a) install using the scratch disk
(b) hot-insert one disk from the duo in slot 2
(c) after resync, hot-insert the second disk in slot 1.
Message 4 of 6
Clarkson
Aspirant

Will try that

Cheers

John
Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Your unit shipped with the first production ReadyNAS OS 6 firmware 6.0.0 on it. This is very old firmware and understandably there have been lots of improvements since then. I have updated the unit to the latest firmware 6.1.6 and since no data is on the unit yet I have also triggered a factory default to get you a clean setup on the new firmware. Probably should have wiped the partitions off the disks, but hopefully the factory default does this.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements