× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Stacking Two ReadyNAS Units

GlennM
Aspirant

Stacking Two ReadyNAS Units

I apologize in advance if this question has been answered but, if it has, I couldn't find it.

Is it safe to stack two ReadyNAS units on top of each other? They are pretty heavy but they are also pretty sturdy. I don't want to take a chance of damaging the one on the bottom.

TIA

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Stacking Two ReadyNAS Units

@GlennM

Welcome to the Community!

They should be fine but stacking more than two I wouldn't recommend. The Desktop NAS provide adequate protection for the drives but stacking them too high might get you into some issues. Do take note though that they are not designed to be stacked to each other 🙂

HTH

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@GlennM

Welcome to the Community!

They should be fine but stacking more than two I wouldn't recommend. The Desktop NAS provide adequate protection for the drives but stacking them too high might get you into some issues. Do take note though that they are not designed to be stacked to each other 🙂

HTH

Message 2 of 4
GlennM
Aspirant

Thanks. I wasn't planning to go higher than two.

Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

It would certinaly be best if this was done on something stable.  If it's on a bookcase that wobble from being bumped into, the upper one could topple.  Attaching the two together with tape on the sides or something would be a double-edged sword.  Could protect the upper on from a smaller bump, but topple both with a larger one.  Of course, don't cover any vent holes with anything you use to attach them.

Note, too, that there will be more heat exhaust in the local area.  Make sure there isn't anything that directs it back to the inlets (like being too close to a rear obstruction)..

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements