× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Suddenly NAS 2120 shows a duplicate volume

NextStepIsBig
Aspirant

Suddenly NAS 2120 shows a duplicate volume

Suddenly got this error: 

An archive volume appeared to have some faults but on reboot of the ReadyNAS the drive faults disappeared.

It always was Raid 5 with a spare. I have not replaced any disks, all as it has been previously. 

I made no changes at all as of yet.

The archive volume appears duplicated???  And inaccessible.  There is important information on the Volume so looking for advice to recover before proceeding.  Since the disks came up os good I am hoping there is a chance???

What is the next step to recovery?

NextStepIsBig_0-1665853590465.png

NextStepIsBig_1-1665853862385.png

This is the only alarm I have:

NextStepIsBig_2-1665854199518.png

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Suddenly NAS 2120 shows a duplicate volume

@NextStepIsBig wrote:

Suddenly got this error: 

An archive volume appeared to have some faults but on reboot of the ReadyNAS the drive faults disappeared.

It always was Raid 5 with a spare. I have not replaced any disks, all as it has been previously. 

I made no changes at all as of yet.

The archive volume appears duplicated???  And inaccessible.  There is important information on the Volume so looking for advice to recover before proceeding.  Since the disks came up os good I am hoping there is a chance???

What is the next step to recovery?

Something is preventing the volume from being mounted.  Often this is due to some disks in the array being out-of-sync (due to lost write requests).  

Do you have a backup of the data?

The safest path to recovery is to use paid Netgear support.  Unfortunately some folks recently have found that difficult to get.  Still, I suggest starting there.   I'm tagging the mods to call their attention to your issue - @Marc_V and @JeraldM 

Message 2 of 4
NextStepIsBig
Aspirant

Thank you, I believe there was a disk fail status and possibly a second disk fault, but as an archive there was no actual writing to the RAID array for a long time and all those disks show good currently. Nobody has write access, only read.  I'm not sure if that helps. I appreciate your contribution!

Message 3 of 4
NextStepIsBig
Aspirant

We believed there was a duplicate NAS with the data backed up but it appears to be incomplete for one section. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements