× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Switch Suggestions to replace D-Link DGS-2205

Hyrax
Aspirant

Switch Suggestions to replace D-Link DGS-2205

Hello-
Is there a list of [available] switches that are known to be good, or at least a list of those to avoid? I'm using D-Link DGS-2205 and they occasionally stop working. It seems to depend on other traffic on the network. Anyway, I'm more than willing to try other switches if anyone has suggestions.
Message 1 of 4
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: Switch Suggestions to replace D-Link DGS-2205

When I had an NV+, I used a DGS-2205 and never had a problem, but when I upgraded to my NVX, I had nothing but problems. It was really incompatible with the NVX. I replaced it on a temporary basis with the Netgear FS-105 that it had replaced, although the transfer speeds were constrained. (With the DGS-2205, I could write to the NVX, but not get the file back off). When my ordered Netgear GS-108 arrived and was installed, all of my problems went away. I think any Netgear switch would work well. The GS-105/GS-108 switches are not stylish, but reasonable in price and work well.
Message 2 of 4
Hyrax
Aspirant

Thanks, Papa. I just ordered a GS-105 and GS-108.
Message 3 of 4
PapaBear1
Guide

Obviously you have a remote cluster. I also have a GS-105 for when I run the Cat6 from the back bedroom to the living room. (They had a big sale on them so I grabbed one).
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements