× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

System volume is full

dmitrof23
Aspirant

System volume is full

Hello. There was a problem that the web interface does not save the changes made (for example, does not even change the date and time). When connecting through the console via the COM port, even authorization under the admin user does not pass, I enter the login and password, but login to the terminal does not occur. There is a suspicion of an overflow of the system partition. Help me please! How to recover without losing stored data.

Model: RN12P0620|ReadyNAS 3200 12TB (6 X 2TB Enterprise)
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: System volume is full

You can try logging into tech support mode, and then sort out what's taking up the space in the OS partition.

After booting in tech support mode, you use telnet to connect; using root as the username and infr8ntdebug for the password.

After that

# rnutil chroot

which will start raid and chroot.

if the OS partition isn't mounted (not sure, as I haven't done this in a while), you can mount it with

# mount /dev/md0 /sysroot

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

You can try logging into tech support mode, and then sort out what's taking up the space in the OS partition.

After booting in tech support mode, you use telnet to connect; using root as the username and infr8ntdebug for the password.

After that

# rnutil chroot

which will start raid and chroot.

if the OS partition isn't mounted (not sure, as I haven't done this in a while), you can mount it with

# mount /dev/md0 /sysroot
Message 2 of 7
dmitrof23
Aspirant

How to enter technical support mode?

Message 3 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@dmitrof23

Welcome to the Community!

If you have the ReadyNAS 3200 you can follow this guide on booting the NAS on Tech Supporrt mode.

https://kb.netgear.com/24868/How-do-I-access-the-boot-menu-on-my-ReadyNAS-3200-4200

HTH

Regards

Message 4 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

You cannot log into the cosole with the admin account, only as root (using the admin pasword).

Message 5 of 7
dmitrof23
Aspirant

Thank you very much, everything worked out. The free space is occupied by the proftpd.log file.

Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@dmitrof23 wrote:

The free space is occupied by the proftpd.log file.

That is safe to truncate (or just delete I guess).

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements