× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.

straff
Aspirant

The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.

Hi - as of today I have started to get this error message in all my browsers and from a couple of PC's so I assume is an issue with my ReadyNas. I can't find a way round - up until today I could ignore the error that popped up but that option has now gone so I can't access the admin page. I went there to change the scrub notification timings. Other than that all is working fine but I would like to be able to access admin if at all possible.... I have seen suggestions like loading an old browser version, and also mentions OS6 (but I have no idea what OS I am currently on :-S ).... this can't be an issue just for me I don't think? Any ideas please?

The connection for this site is not secure

192.168.0.24 uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
Hide details
Unsupported protocol
Model: RNDU4220|ReadyNAS Ultra 4 4TB (2 x 2TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.

Doesn't anyone ever read the forum before posting the 20th message on exactly the same issue?  It's not the fault of your NAS, exactly, it's that the browser developers all stopped supporting TLS v1.0 and the ancient OS for your NAS doesn't support anything newer than that.

Your best solution is to upgrade the NAS to OS6, though a non-Netgear patch is available for OS4.2.31: https://github.com/rdynsxtrs/rn4bin/tree/main/apache2/x86 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.

Doesn't anyone ever read the forum before posting the 20th message on exactly the same issue?  It's not the fault of your NAS, exactly, it's that the browser developers all stopped supporting TLS v1.0 and the ancient OS for your NAS doesn't support anything newer than that.

Your best solution is to upgrade the NAS to OS6, though a non-Netgear patch is available for OS4.2.31: https://github.com/rdynsxtrs/rn4bin/tree/main/apache2/x86 

Message 2 of 3
straff
Aspirant

Thanks sandshark... I did do a search but this was new to me and only just kicked in and thought maybe same would have happened to others... not sure I'm up for an OS upgrade just yet so did the load old firefox onto an old laptop... but I will bookmark the link for when I feel more adventurous

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements