× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Tiff viewer - Is there one?

chathams
Aspirant

Tiff viewer - Is there one?

I'm scanning and then uploading a lot of old photos. I'm saving them as Tiff images.  

When I view my folders through the web ReadyNAS Admin page, I can see JPEG images, they populate, but the TIFF images don't.  The just show up as a file, without and image. 

When I click on the image, a popup comes up, but it's blank. The Tiff files show up on the right, just like they would if I were clicking on a JPEP, but it's just a blank page.  The image doesn't populate. 

I can see them using the ReadyCloud app on my phone, but I don't know how to see them through the web.  I would like to be able to view the images on my computer. Is there an app or a client I can download, or some other way I can view what's in my drives, without having to download each TIFF to see what it is?  

Thank you! 

Viewing them through Safari - latest update. 

Chrome - latest update. 

I have a ReadyNAS 214 (four 4TB drives)

Firmware: 6.10.8 

Running RAID 5  

Message 1 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Tiff viewer - Is there one?

I know for Chrome you need a tiff viewer add-on -- it has no native tiff viewing capability.

Message 2 of 4
chathams
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. 

Unfortunately you have to download each Tiff file to view it using the Tiff viewer.  

So, you're saying viewing the files in Safari / Chrome, there's nothing I can install or download that will let the thumbnails of Tiff files appear, just like JPEG files do?  

Bummer.  

Message 3 of 4
SamirD
Prodigy

irfanview has a batch conversion mode so you can have a jpg version of the tifs without too much work. I used to use this a lot to manually generate thumbnails for my large photos.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements