× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Torrent RSS downloads on ARM ReadyNAS

ShockingAwe
Follower

Torrent RSS downloads on ARM ReadyNAS

I spent quite a while looking for a solution to my ARM ReadyNAS 104 to auto download torrents via an RSS feed and have found a solution that does not require any coding and thought I would share. (Sure wish that "Automatic" program was out for the ARM devices...)You will need to create a DropBox account and an IFTTT account. On my ready NAS, I used qBitTorrent.

Step 1 - Create a directory to share on DropBox. I called mine ztorrentz so it was at the end of the list and easy to find. In the readyNAS 6.1.4 Control Panel, go to the BackUp Tab then the cloud sub tab. Turn DropBox on, Authorize and sync the ztorrentz folder. You will now see the zTorrents folder in your DropBox Account under the directories "Apps/ReadyNAS/"your server name"- ztorrentz" (The last part of the path may be different. Find it in your drop box account)

Step 2 - Go to ifttt.com. Once there, get the recipe 4171. It should be titled "Grab torrent from RSS feed and put it in DropBox" Add your RSS link and your dropbox path from the above step. This will now browse the RSS every 10 minutes and download the torrent to the dropbox folder synced with your ReadyNAS.

Step 3 - On the ReadyNAS, open up qbittorrent and go to the options. Under the Downloads tab, add the directory linked with your dropbox account. Mine was called Data/ztorrentz.

Done. Your ARM ReadyNAS is now an automatic torrent box / file server. This seems to be the only solution I could find. If anyone has an easier way to download RSS feed torrents directly to the ARM ReadyNAS device, please let me know, because I would prefer to not depend on outside services.
Message 1 of 4
devos
Tutor

Re: Torrent RSS downloads on ARM ReadyNAS

This is not a rss download solution but it's good anyway.

Install btsync
Setup transmission to auto-add from a folder.

Add auto-load folder for transmission.

Install btsync on ios or android device.
Add the folder.

Now you can add torrent-files with your ios / andriod device remotly.

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk
Message 2 of 4
Embersoffury
Aspirant

Its a shame they don't have a dedicated Torrent App.

I'll try both of these suggestions to see which one works best.

Any further idea's, let me know.
Message 3 of 4
kurokabau
Aspirant

How do you set up transmission to auto-add from folder? I don't seem to have this option.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements