× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Trouble setting up FTP on ReadyNAS 102 with Linksys router EA6900

StephenB
Guru

@Stultis wrote:

Sorry For the badly stitched image. It was the fastest way I could think of to edit my systems name and IPaddress out.

Let me know if it is too small to see and I will upload it in a different format.

The characters aren't legible even when the image is zoomed.  Cut-paste as text (using the "insert code" </> icon), and edit out whatever you wish there.

Private IP addresses are safe to post, as they are not routable over the internet.  So your NAS can not be reached using them.  The three  private IP addresses ranges are:

10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255

Message 26 of 34
Stultis
Aspirant

Hello, I did what you suggested this morning before work, hit post. It looks like it did not post. I’ll try again once I get home tonight.

Message 27 of 34
Stultis
Aspirant

Hello,

It keeps telling me I do not have the correct privileges to post the code. I have tried a few times. Posting in the code icon and trying in the normal post.

Message 28 of 34
Stultis
Aspirant

Maybe this will work. I made a jpg using copy paste text into gimp2 and I am attaching it as a file. Since everytime I try to either enter it in as code or just paste it into the text section the post disappears. Hopefully it stays this time.

Message 29 of 34
StephenB
Guru

Yes, that is a btrfs filesystem error.  If you can't delete the share (recreating it later and restoring it from backup), the best way to fix it would be to do a factory reset and restore the entire NAS.

Perhaps try doing a scrub from the volume maintenance menu first, and see if that repairs it.

Message 30 of 34
Stultis
Aspirant

Thanks for the info. I’ll run the scrub, if that doesn’t work I guess I’ll have to do the restore.

Message 31 of 34
Stultis
Aspirant

Hello,

Shouldn’t I be able to still access my ReadyNAS while it is running a scrub? I cannot log into the admin page or use readycloud on any device. Does this mean it has frozen or crashed? The lights are still on, but they are not blinking like they usually do when it is workin.

Message 32 of 34
StephenB
Guru

@Stultis wrote:

I cannot log into the admin page or use readycloud on any device. Does this mean it has frozen or crashed? The lights are still on, but they are not blinking like they usually do when it is workin.

It should be accessible, but with much slower response.  

Have you tried installing RAIDar on a PC, and see what status it reports?  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads

Message 33 of 34
Stultis
Aspirant

Untitled.png

Here is what it says when I run raidar. I guess I should unplug the device let it sit a few minutes then plug it back in.

Message 34 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements