× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

UPS disconnects

vandermerwe
Master

UPS disconnects

Since upgrading to 6.2.4 (possibly 6.2.3) I have received several UPS disconnect messages. The nas loses connection with the UPS, until the next restart when the UPS always comes up again.
Moving the UPS to the other rear USB port doesn't help, but moving it to the front USB port does lead to immediate reconnection without rebooting (as a new UPS device).

I have looked through the logs and some of the disconnects happen at the time disks are spinning up, the latest was not.

There are numerous error messages like:

May 17 09:45:49 mainnas usbhid-ups[2346]: libusb_get_report: error sending control message: No such device
May 17 09:45:49 mainnas upsd[2348]: Data for UPS [UPS] is stale - check driver
May 17 09:45:53 mainnas upsmon[2353]: Poll UPS [UPS@localhost] failed - Data stale

It is a APC Back-UPS ES 700G which I have used for ages on this 316 and I have another on an Ultra-6 plus which never has problems with it.

The fact that the problem is resolved by moving to the front USB port, but not to the other rear USB port; suggests to me that this is a nas problem rather than a UPS or cable problem.

Any thoughts? Smells like a bug. Logs available.
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements