× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

USB Hub for RN422

Maxter
Aspirant

USB Hub for RN422

I have an RN422 running OS 6.7.1 and would like to connect two WD 4TB Passport Ultra hdd's via a USB 3 hub. Also on the  hub is an APC XS 1500 UPS connection and a 2GB flash memory stick with my encryption keys. An EDA 500 is also connected to the RN 422. The USB hub is an I/O Crest Superspeed USB 3 4 Port hub.This device has it's own power supply.

The issue I'm having is the RN422 will  only accept  one of the Passport Ultra to be connected at a time USB  and that connection gets dropped intermittently or whenever the UPS or flash memory stick is connected to the hub. The connection is not reliable. There is no problem connecting either Passport Ultra directly on the other USB connector on the RN 422, that connection is stable. If in the end I have to connect only one of the Passport Ultra's on the USB hub, I can live with that. But I need a reliable connection on a hub for at least one of the Passport Ultra hdd's.

Is there a 4 port USB 3 hub that is recommended for the RN422 and will work with a WD Passport Ultra 4 TB hdd?

Thank you your help is appreciated.

Model: RN422|ReadyNAS 422 2-Bay with up to 20 TB total storage
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements