× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ultra-6 Visible to One PC, Not to Another?

PeteCress
Apprentice

Ultra-6 Visible to One PC, Not to Another?

My Ultra-6 is visible to my 24-7 PC and has been since Day-1.

But I just rebuilt the system on another PC (Windows 7 Pro)  and the Ultra-6 does not appear when I click "Network".

Funny thing, though, the 24-7 box does appear... so it would seem that the new system is seeing the right network

Also net use x:  \\NAS\A   successfully creates a link to the Ultra-6's "A" share - even so NAS does not appear on the "Network" window....

I'm thinking something about the way I set up the Ultra-6 and maybe I did some sort of workaround on the 24-7 PC and forgot about it.

Anybody been here?

Model: ReadyNASRNDP600U|ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus Chassis only
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Ultra-6 Visible to One PC, Not to Another?

Windows Network Discovery has always been rather tempermental.

I find it convenient to place a shortcut to the NAS on the desktop (or add it as a network location in my computer). 

Maybe also check that the windows workgroup on the new PC matches the workgroup configured on the NAS (the workgroup is not the same as the homegroup).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

I find it convenient to place a shortcut to the NAS on the desktop (or add it as a network location in my computer). 

Maybe also check that the windows workgroup on the new PC matches the workgroup configured on the NAS (the workgroup is not the same as the homegroup).

Message 2 of 3
PeteCress
Apprentice

I see what you mean.   It's been a day or two since I observed the problem - but  now clicking the Network icon on the new box shows  the Ultra-6.

Case Closed....

Thanks...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements