× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to activate password recovery on ReadyNAS OS6

Cz7gdmCan
Tutor

Unable to activate password recovery on ReadyNAS OS6

I want to activate password recovery for Admin but the box to do that is grayed out and inactive.  I have confirmed that email alerts is active and working.  Any suggestions? I am on the latest firmware 6.9.5ReadyNas102.JPG

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Cz7gdmCan
Tutor

Re: Unable to activate password recovery on ReadyNAS OS6

I changed the email address for alerts but that didn't help. However, when I went to the admin settings screen and entered the old password and a new password to replace it, the password recovery box became usable. I have now been able to set up password recovery but only by changing my old password...  Go figure.

Graham

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Cz7gdmCan

Welcome to the Community!

Your Email alerts should have been setup properly and password recovery can be enabled.

Are you usong gmail!? Hage you tried setting up a diffetent email? If ot is still greyed out soing an OS reinstall migjht be suggested 

HTH

Message 2 of 4
Cz7gdmCan
Tutor

HI Marc,

Thanks for the response. I did a firmware update and I am receiving email alerts so I will try a different email address to see if that helps.

Graham

Message 3 of 4
Cz7gdmCan
Tutor

I changed the email address for alerts but that didn't help. However, when I went to the admin settings screen and entered the old password and a new password to replace it, the password recovery box became usable. I have now been able to set up password recovery but only by changing my old password...  Go figure.

Graham

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements