× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to logon with my existing account!

loonytunes
Aspirant

Unable to logon with my existing account!

Somehow this community doesn't allow me to logon to my account that I have had for many years. I had to create a new account just to be able to post something. Who do I turn to for support to get this sorted out?

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

The community does not have a local login, everything is based on a Single Sign-On from the Netgear Account.

Still remember the original account E-mail address?

Still able to access https://my.netgear.com/ ?

When logout (from the new user identity) and login again, there is a Forgot Password link, have tried to follow this process?

Under some specific conditions, I've spotted clearing the browser cache could help, e.g. when ending in a URL loop itead of entering the commuity area.

Message 2 of 5
loonytunes
Aspirant

@schumaku wrote:

The community does not have a local login, everything is based on a Single Sign-On from the Netgear Account. Still remember the original account E-mail address?

Yes, but at least on the Community it is now linked to my new user account (loonytunes).

Still able to access https://my.netgear.com/ ?

Yes, and I can still view my registered Netgear products.

When logout (from the new user identity) and login again, there is a Forgot Password link, have tried to follow this process?

No, I still know the password and used the same email address. But now the email adress is connected to the new Community account (loonytunes). Probally should have used a different email address for this new account.

Under some specific conditions, I've spotted clearing the browser cache could help, e.g. when ending in a URL loop itead of entering the commuity area.

The Community login kept asking me to create a new account, while I only wanted to login on my existing account. Not sure if I did something wrong to trigger that, but I was unable to get rid of it. Eventually I opted to create the new account to make some headway, but now I cannot access my old community account and its history any more. Tried clearing the browser cache, but it didn't help. Think it is too late for me to use this procedure, since I already created the new account.

Not sure where to turn to get my old community account connected back to my email address. The Netgear support page doesn't have any options regarding account issues and points back to the community. Any suggestions where I can get help?

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay Diskless
Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@ChristineT any idea what went wrong here for @loonytunes ?

Was always under the impression one email address can be used for one Netgear account only (leaving alone the variations Gmail does allow of course - making "different" identities here).

Message 4 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @loonytunes,

We will check on this one and will provide you feedback as soon as possible.

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements