× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to send Alerts via Sign in with Google

SLK-Purdue
Luminary

Unable to send Alerts via Sign in with Google

Google is making changes is the area and looks like latest ReadyNAS FW stopped being able to send Alerts with Google on May 1, 2022.

Scott

Model: ReadyNAS 312
Firmware: 6.10.7
Context: system_panel_support
Error:

Message 1 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@SLK-Purdue wrote:

Google is making changes is the area and looks like latest ReadyNAS FW stopped being able to send Alerts with Google on May 1, 2022.

Interesting.  I enable the "less secure apps" option in gmail myself, and haven't seen this.  But I have received notice that that they will deprecate "less secure apps" on May 30th.  Hopefully Netgear will address this quickly ( tagging @Mark_V and @JeraldM )

I'll need to switch to a different email provider for my two legacy NAS (running 4.1.x firmware).  Or live w/o the alerts.

Message 2 of 10
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @SLK-Purdue,

Thanks for the ping @StephenB!

I tried testing this out and it seems to be working on my end.

I also had "less secure apps" option disabled and the test message was sent to my email.

And just to confirm, after signing in with your Google account, is the screenshot provided below the same as yours?

JeraldM_0-1651679112977.png

Regards,

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 10
SLK-Purdue
Luminary

When I try "Sign in with Google", I get a pop-up that says "Redirecting.  Please wait ..."  that eventually times out with the error message I sent.   Just for fun, I did a reboot and tried Edge browser (had been using Chrome).   Got same results.  Odd ....

Scott

Message 4 of 10
SLK-Purdue
Luminary

Also tried entering that email set up manually.  No joy there either.  Same error.

Scott

Message 5 of 10
SLK-Purdue
Luminary

Is there a log I can pull to help on this?  I can telnet in and I have Linux experience.

Scott

Message 6 of 10
SLK-Purdue
Luminary

Here is log entry in msmtp.log from most recent attempt

May 05 11:25:15 host=smtp.gmail.com tls=on auth=on user=XXXXXX@gmail.com from=XXXXX@gmail.com recipients=XXXXX@gmail.com,XXXXX@gmail.comYYY@purdue.edu,zzz@purdue.edu smtpstatus=530 smtpmsg='530-5.7.0 Authentication Required. Learn more at\n530 5.7.0 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=WantAuthError n12-20020a92dd0c000000b002cde6e352basm526121ilm.4 - gsmtp' errormsg='envelope from address XXXXX@gmail.com not accepted by the server' exitcode=EX_DATAERR

Looks like an auth issue but I have confirmed my auth is valid.

Message 7 of 10
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @SLK-Purdue,

It does look like an auth issue and I assume the most recent attempt was when you manually set it up, right?

In this case, would it be possible if you could try signing in Google using an incognito browser and if possible, removing all of the alert contacts as well?

Regards,

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 10
SLK-Purdue
Luminary

yea, most recent attempt to manually sent. 

I will try as you suggest and let you know. 

Scott

@JeraldM wrote:

Hi @SLK-Purdue,

It does look like an auth issue and I assume the most recent attempt was when you manually set it up, right?

In this case, would it be possible if you could try signing in Google using an incognito browser and if possible, removing all of the alert contacts as well?

Regards,

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 9 of 10
SLK-Purdue
Luminary

I did a "logout", "clear" and manually entered the gmail information.   That now seems to be working.   Not sure what that means but will monitor it for a few days.

Thanks,

Scott

@JeraldM wrote:

Hi @SLK-Purdue,

Regards,

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements