× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to set up ReadyNAS Duo RND2110v2

Nord3628
Aspirant

Unable to set up ReadyNAS Duo RND2110v2

I have recently been "gifted" a Nas Duo RND2110v2 NAS.

It has a serial number of 24M39B7J01AD6   it also has a sticker that says FW V4.1.6

which i assume to be the firmware version. Despite it saying v2 i believe this unit to be a v1 with a sparc processor?

I have followed the instructions in Duov1_NV+v1_HW_en_06Dec11.pdf

and attempted to carry out a factory reset but this does not seem to have worked.

When the unit is powered on the power button and drive lights flash 3 times and continue to flash in this pattern.

The network port on the rear of the unit has no activity and no lights on it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Geoff

Model: RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 1TB (1 X 1TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Unable to set up ReadyNAS Duo RND2110v2

@Nord3628 wrote:

Despite it saying v2 i believe this unit to be a v1 with a sparc processor?

Correct.

@Nord3628 wrote:

and attempted to carry out a factory reset but this does not seem to have worked.

When the unit is powered on the power button and drive lights flash 3 times and continue to flash in this pattern.

LED blink behavior for 2 disk systems is three quick blinks of all disk LEDs and the backup LED, followed by an 1s delay, followed by a number of slow blinks. The number of slow blinks will be the error code.

Current error codes:
1 - Vendor mismatch
2 - No disks detected
3 - Bad contents on root partition of disks
4 - Flash error
5 - Unsupported RAID configuration

You might not have waited long enough, as this error isn't something you'd see on a factory reset (but would see on an OS reinstall).

The Duo is limited to 2 TB disks.  You can zero them (or just delete the partitions) in a Windows PC, and then insert them.  The NAS will then do a factory install when you power it up.

The current firmware is 4.1.16.  The NAS is quite slow by modern standards, and it doesn't support SMB 3.  So you'd need to enable SMB 1 on a Windows 10 PC if you want to access it.

Message 2 of 4
Nord3628
Aspirant

I'll wipe the partitions and try again.

So building and formatting of the partitions is done at start up?

Thanks for assistance.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Nord3628 wrote:

So building and formatting of the partitions is done at start up?

If the disks are unformatted, then the NAS will format them and do a factory install when it is powered up.  The factory reset does the same thing (just not automatically).

The OS and ReadyNAS application are also installed onto a small (2 GB) partition on the disks.  After the install, the NAS boots from the disks.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements