× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to set up ReadyNAS Duo RND2110v2

Nord3628
Aspirant

Unable to set up ReadyNAS Duo RND2110v2

Hello,

I'm looking for help setting up my NAS Duo.

RND2110 v2   F/W = 4.1.6  Operating under Windows 10 (21H2)

Serial number 24M39A7C00CAB

1.  I'm confused as to what version i actually have. I believe it to be a version 1 despite it being badged as v2? can anyone tell from the serial number? I bought it of an auction site.

2. I have done a factory reset and its IP is 192.168.168.168 I can ping it and connect to the log in page.

3. I have tried the various netgear admin logons that I know but its not letting me in, does anyone have any ideas?

Pretty sure it was admin and netgear1

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Unable to set up ReadyNAS Duo RND2110v2

@Nord3628 wrote:

Thank you,

Something in the back of my mind suggested something like that.

I have done a complete factory reset.

There are 2 HDD's that are blank unformatted with no partitions or file system on them.

I cant remember how to set off the disk initialisation.

Can you point me at any documentation that covers that?

Note you cannot do a factory reset unless the disks are installed.  Also the max disk size supported in your NAS is 2 TB.

In general, if you want to use the default XRAID (RAID-1), all you need to do is put the unformatted disks in the NAS and power it up.  That will automatically do a factory install.

Documentation is here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RND2000v1_(ReadyNAS_Duo_v1).aspx#docs

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
microchip8
Master

Message 2 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Nord3628 wrote:

1.  I'm confused as to what version i actually have. I believe it to be a version 1 despite it being badged as v2?

Correct, it's the original version (called a v1 here).  A v2 would run 5.3.x firmware.

@Nord3628 wrote:

3. I have tried the various netgear admin logons that I know but its not letting me in, does anyone have any ideas?

Pretty sure it was admin and netgear1

The default username is admin; the default admin password is netgear1. So that is correct.  Note you need to log into https://nas-ipaddress/admin to get into frontview (the web admin ui).  If you leave the /admin out, you will end up on an empty shares page.

Are you getting to the point where you can enter the username/password?  Or are you getting an SSL protocol mismatch error?

Do you know for sure that it is still running 4.1.6 (likely the previous owner upgraded it to something newer).  The final firmware was 4.1.16.

If you are trying to access it from explorer, then you need to enable the SMB 1/CIFS client on the PC.  You can do that from "turn windows features on or off".

Message 3 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

You have a V1, as a "true" V2 runs OS version 5.x, not the 4.1.x yours does.  Netgear had already used "v2" and even "v3" to indicate small hardware revisions, then released the "V2" models, which were a complete re-design, and really muddied the used market.  The login for that model is user admin and password netgear1.

Message 4 of 6
Nord3628
Aspirant

Thank you,

There are 2 HDD's that are blank unformatted with no partitions or file system on them.

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Nord3628 wrote:

Thank you,

Note you cannot do a factory reset unless the disks are installed.  Also the max disk size supported in your NAS is 2 TB.

In general, if you want to use the default XRAID (RAID-1), all you need to do is put the unformatted disks in the NAS and power it up.  That will automatically do a factory install.

Documentation is here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RND2000v1_(ReadyNAS_Duo_v1).aspx#docs

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements