× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to upgrade ReadyNas Duo v2

atoralfw
Follower

Unable to upgrade ReadyNas Duo v2

I am trying to upgrade this storage to a later release but it fails. 

When I try the manual option it ends up failing to upload. I am trying to update from "RAIDiator 4.1.8" to "RAIDiator 5.3.13" (the file is called: RAIDiator-arm-5.3.13). Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to go via a major 5.x.x release maybe? 

Model: RND2000v2 (ReadyNAS Duo v2)|READYNAS DUO v2 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Unable to upgrade ReadyNas Duo v2

@atoralfw wrote:

When I try the manual option it ends up failing to upload. I am trying to update from "RAIDiator 4.1.8" to "RAIDiator 5.3.13" (the file is called: RAIDiator-arm-5.3.13). Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to go via a major 5.x.x release maybe? 

You actually have the original Duo, not the Duo v2. 

The labeling is confusing - 

The (original) Duo v1:

1. Says "ReadyNAS Duo" on the front panel
  2. Runs 4.1.x firmware
  3. Might have labels on the bottom or back that say RND2000v2.  Those labels mean hardware revision 2 of the original Duo (not the same as the Duo v2).

The Duo v2:

1. Says "ReadyNAS Duo v2" on the front panel.
  2. runs 5.3.x firmware.

The original Duo has a sparc processor, the v2 has an arm processor. 

You can't run 5.3.x firmware on your Duo.  The most recent (and final) firmware for the original Duo is 4.1.16 - found here: https://kb.netgear.com/000038792/RAIDiator-Version-4-1-16-Sparc

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: Unable to upgrade ReadyNas Duo v2

@atoralfw wrote:

You actually have the original Duo, not the Duo v2. 

The labeling is confusing - 

The (original) Duo v1:

1. Says "ReadyNAS Duo" on the front panel
  2. Runs 4.1.x firmware
  3. Might have labels on the bottom or back that say RND2000v2.  Those labels mean hardware revision 2 of the original Duo (not the same as the Duo v2).

The Duo v2:

1. Says "ReadyNAS Duo v2" on the front panel.
  2. runs 5.3.x firmware.

The original Duo has a sparc processor, the v2 has an arm processor. 

You can't run 5.3.x firmware on your Duo.  The most recent (and final) firmware for the original Duo is 4.1.16 - found here: https://kb.netgear.com/000038792/RAIDiator-Version-4-1-16-Sparc

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements