× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WD Red Model EFRX vrs new EFAX

WarrenT
Tutor

WD Red Model EFRX vrs new EFAX

I note that the WD20EFRX (2TB, WD Red) is approved for use in the RN424. However, the newer version of the Red is WD20EFAX, and has more cache (256MB for the EFAX vrs 64MB for the EFRX) and has faster data transfer rates (180MB/s vrs 147MB/s). Is the WD20EFAX also approved for the RN424?

Thanks, Warren

Model: RN424|ReadyNAS 424 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 4-Bay
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: WD Red Model EFRX vrs new EFAX

Netgear is slow to approve new drives.  I'd be shocked if the WD20EFAX didn't work in the RN424.  FWIW, I installed the 10 TB WD100EFAX in my RN526x a couple of weeks ago, and it is working fine.

Message 2 of 6
WarrenT
Tutor

Hi Stephen,

Thanks very much for your helpful advice. 

Cheers,

Warren

Model: RN424|ReadyNAS 424 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 4-Bay
Message 3 of 6
WarrenT
Tutor

Hi, Is it possible to set the Power Timer to a finer setting than every hour, eg in 20 minute increments?

Thanks,

Warren

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@WarrenT wrote:

Hi, Is it possible to set the Power Timer to a finer setting than every hour, eg in 20 minute increments?

Thanks,

Warren

Unfortunately not.  It'd be useful to have a finer granularity (1 minute) - for instance if you want to boot up a NAS to receive a backup hosted on another machine.

Message 5 of 6
WarrenT
Tutor

Thank you. I have two NAS devices both fed from the same UPS. NAS B is linked to the primary NAS A for the purposes of graceful shutdown. Both are on power timer to start at the same time. I get error messages regarding NAS B not being able to communicae with NAS A for a about 15 secs after start up time. Hence ability to start A about 1 minute before B would solve that problem.

Netgear: Please give us granularity for Power Timer to nearest say 5 minute increment.

Thanks,

Warren

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements