× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WD30EFZX compatible with RNDX4000 (ReadyNAS NVX)

Bacelo
Aspirant

WD30EFZX compatible with RNDX4000 (ReadyNAS NVX)

Hi there,

I need to replace at least 2 of the 4 disks (WD30EFRX) on my RNDX4000 (ReadyNAS NVX).
The dead ones are the version with NASware 3.0
The other good and even older ones are with NASware 2.0

Does anyone know, if the newer WD Red Plus WD30EFZX (current model) will work on this old NAS model?

Any help / infos appreciated.

Model: RNDX4000|ReadyNAS NVX Chassis only
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: WD30EFZX compatible with RNDX4000 (ReadyNAS NVX)

@Bacelo wrote:

Does anyone know, if the newer WD Red Plus WD30EFZX (current model) will work on this old NAS model?

I don't know for certain (I'm not an NVX owner), but it should work with no problems.  Generally my advice for ReadyNAS is to go with WD Red Plus, Ironwolf, or Enterprise Class drives. Toshiba also makes some NAS-purposed models, but I haven't seen much here from folks using Toshiba - and I don't believe they offer a 3TB NAS-purposed model anyway.

I have mixed some WD30EFRX with newer WD Red Plus drives (WD80EFAX) on my Pro 6 with no problem.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Bacelo wrote:

I don't know for certain (I'm not an NVX owner), but it should work with no problems.  Generally my advice for ReadyNAS is to go with WD Red Plus, Ironwolf, or Enterprise Class drives. Toshiba also makes some NAS-purposed models, but I haven't seen much here from folks using Toshiba - and I don't believe they offer a 3TB NAS-purposed model anyway.

I have mixed some WD30EFRX with newer WD Red Plus drives (WD80EFAX) on my Pro 6 with no problem.

Message 2 of 3
Bacelo
Aspirant

Many thanks @StephenB for your answer 👍.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements