× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WD60EFRX (6To Red WD drive) on ReadyNAS 102

PhilStark
Aspirant

WD60EFRX (6To Red WD drive) on ReadyNAS 102

Hello

I purchased a Western Digital 6To RED Drive (reference WD60EFRX) thinking it would be compatible with my ReadyNas102 but it seems I was mistaken as it's not entering the slot properly.

Did anyone experience the same issue ? Is this drive not compatible with the NAS102 ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Phil

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@PhilStark wrote:

You're talking about remove the plastic brackets which appear here for example ? The black plastic which moves back & forth.

Yes.  That plastic should be removed for drives that don't have the standard side mounting holes.  That includes 2.5 iinch drives and some high-capacity 3.5 inch drives.

Though I don't recall needing to do that with the WD60EFRX.  I'll check when I have a chance.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

It should be fine - I use them in my RN202 with no problem, and it has the same tray design.

What issue are you having - getting the WD60EFRX into the tray, or getting the tray into the slot?

Message 2 of 8
PhilStark
Aspirant

The drive doesn't fit with the tray properly (the holes do not match) and then the tray doesn't fit into the slot. Are there two versions of the drive available ?

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@PhilStark wrote:

The drive doesn't fit with the tray properly (the holes do not match).

Remove the plastic insert, and then screw the drive into the tray.

Message 4 of 8
PhilStark
Aspirant

You're talking about remove the plastic brackets which appear here for example ? The black plastic which moves back & forth.

Message 5 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@PhilStark wrote:

Yes.  That plastic should be removed for drives that don't have the standard side mounting holes.  That includes 2.5 iinch drives and some high-capacity 3.5 inch drives.

Though I don't recall needing to do that with the WD60EFRX.  I'll check when I have a chance.

Message 6 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@StephenB wrote:

My two WD60EFRX have the side mounting holes in the usual position.  The black plastic inserts are in place, and the drives fit properly in the tray.  And of course the tray also slides smoothly into the slot.

You are matching the drive orientation shown here?  http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22894/~/readynas-os-6%3A-adding-a-disk-to-desktop-mode...

Message 7 of 8
PhilStark
Aspirant

Thanks !

Somehow I damaged one of the plastic insert so I removed it completed and screwed the drive on the tray and managed to insert it in the slot. All good !

Don't know why I didn't make it the first time. Maybe it was too late and I needed sleep instead of trying to insert a drive into my NAS Man LOL

Thanks again !

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements