× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Where can I buy HDD brackets to mount new HDD's?

Mac_Badger
Aspirant

Where can I buy HDD brackets to mount new HDD's?

Hey Everyone, 

I seem to have lost or misplaced my 2 spare brackets for the NAS bays - Anyone know where you can buy replacement brackets from?

Thanks in advance,

Mac Badger

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I would suggest try contacting NETGEAR Support first, Authorized resellers might or might not have just the brackets.

If you are willing you can still use the trays by using the screws to mount the drives there. Other Online sellers/selling sites might have one for sale but you may have to wait and search for it.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Mac_Badger

Welcome to the Community!

Did you mean you lost your Disk trays or just the tool less brackets? If your RN104 is less than 3 years upon purchase and you are the original purchaser it would be best to contact NETGEAR Support and request for the disk trays which should have mounting brackets included. Disk trays/Mounting brackets might also be available from Authorized resellers.

However, Disk trays that will fit the new mounting design of the HDDs is not yet available as a replacement or for purchase. You will still have to do a workaround wherein removing the tool less bracket to mount the drive and screw the bottom of the drive should resolve the issue. Screws are provided with the NAS upon purchase or you can use a similar type screw which is usually found with the drives.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 4
Mac_Badger
Aspirant

Hi Marc,

Thank you for the fast & informed reply - yes I beleive what I am after is the plastic "tool less brackets" that fit around the HDD so it can be inserted into the drive bay. I have 2 in there but need to desperately expand as I am at <150GB 

So if I head to a Netgear re-seller I can find the brackets? Yes I think the ReadyNAS100 series I have must be over 2-3yrs old now so that would mean they are available for purchase (somewhere)? 

I tried weEbay but alas, nothing except the actual unit or the power supply was for sale.

Thanks heaps.

Mac

Message 3 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I would suggest try contacting NETGEAR Support first, Authorized resellers might or might not have just the brackets.

If you are willing you can still use the trays by using the screws to mount the drives there. Other Online sellers/selling sites might have one for sale but you may have to wait and search for it.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements