× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Where is the % usage of processor(s) in the admin panel?

Foxone
Aspirant

Where is the % usage of processor(s) in the admin panel?

Where is the % usage of the NAS in the admin panel. Apparently you can instal 3rd party tools to monitor that but when I look only fans controls and temp of drives are shown. This is ridiculous.

Why isn t there a simple chart or % showing if the processor(s) are working or not? I need to know if the NAS is busy doing something intensive or not and at the moment there is no way to see this UNLESS I install a 3rd party tool and download an app on the phone...ridiculous

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 3
Foxone
Aspirant

Re: Where is the % usage of processor(s) in the admin panel?

Also, there should be a way to see what is the status of the memory on the server

I just noticed in the logs that plex ran out of memory (probably from Subzero) and the server was unresponsive with the activity lights going crazy as the server was probably struggling and using virtual memory.

You REALLY should provide better server status then the current infos...why isn t memory used or available showing on any admin pages is a mystery 

Message 2 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Where is the % usage of processor(s) in the admin panel?

Hi @Foxone, you might want to install app linux-dash to get some of the info you need. Very small, very fast, needing only very little resources, running very stable on my nases during the last 5 years. You have to launch it after successful installation.

Furthermore you might want to put any ideas about changing/enhancing the os/firmware as a post in the idea section. The more people will like your ideas, the more likely it is, that they got at least considered for implementation.

Kind regards

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements