× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Will never buy again and recommend to never buy if expect support for critical data...

Will never buy again and recommend to never buy if expect support for critical data...

I have an old, obsolete ReadyNAS 314 that was used as a file vault for critical data.  Long story short, a disk failed, RAID won't rebuild and several posters have had the same problem.  Usually they would just contact support and get Netgear to connect remotely and rebuild the RAID.  Simple.

However, enter whatever ridiculous service policy netgear has now and I cannot even recieve help or a simple response.  Spent hours yesterday finding someone to help who opened a ticket for me and lo and behold my tickets are now closed without a single response.

Apparently there is a black hole email that they tell you to contact for support who never answers either.  I own a lot of netgear stuff in my business and personal life but now I will never buy anything from them again.

Just so happened we need something off that NAS and I am now screwed.  What a joke of a company.  Eventually, they will learn the COVID excuses have run their course and start providing actual customer service and support again but since they screwed the pooch so badly prior to learning this lesson, they've lost me forever.

To everyone else, please start using the power of capitalism and stop buying from such irresponsible companies.  We must put these sham companies out of business!!

Message 1 of 4

Re: Will never buy again and recommend to never buy if expect support for critical data...

bump.  feed me.  am very upset.  gonna troll hard.

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Will never buy again and recommend to never buy if expect support for critical data...

@neverbuyagain wrote:

gonna troll hard.

Are you looking to get your data back?  Or do you just want to vent?

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@neverbuyagain wrote:

I have an old, obsolete ReadyNAS 314 that was used as a file vault for critical data.  Long story short, a disk failed, RAID won't rebuild and several posters have had the same problem.  ... Just so happened we need something off that NAS and I am now screwed.

Sorry, you screwed yourself. You failed on the most simple data protection and backup plans actions for what you define as a vault for critical data, knowing the storage system is obsolete, isn't it? I would fire the person in charge operating a storage system, without any plan on a backup and continuity plan. It's not the vendors responsibility to be ready for fixing what the could be named a plan. Even it it's just about replacing a storage block and trigger the RAID to rebuild the redundancy. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements