× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Worth updating forums for OS6 devices?

randomnut1
Apprentice

Worth updating forums for OS6 devices?

Hi,
Just a suggestion but it might be worth adding a dedicated section for the new OS6 devices. OS6 is buggy, rushed, full of holes and unreliable. Posts have been increasing lately and will only increase as more people fall for the marketing, so would be nice to have them all in one place?
Message 1 of 6
kervern
Aspirant

Re: Worth updating forums for OS6 devices?

yes please updating for all new readynas please !
Message 2 of 6
chirpa
Luminary

Agreed. When I ran this site, that would have been done by now.

Looks like a few of the admins that have been MIA for the last 10 months just logged in today (Han Solo, cap1, Chewbacca). Maybe there is some hope. Or maybe they are finally getting tired of the continued criticism.
Message 3 of 6
chirpa
Luminary

https://www.facebook.com/AllAboutReadyNAS/posts/183339985150659 wrote:
Appreciate all the folks that post issues on facebook. Continue to do so if that is your preferred communication method. But if you would like faster responses to your questions, please post your questions on the ReadyNAS forum http://www.readynas.com/forum/
Lets see if the follow through with this statement.
Message 4 of 6
hmuessig
Luminary

Emphatically yes please!

I've been working with a 104 for about three weeks. Basically a nice box for a small home office and media serving.

It does have some challenges with OS6 . . .

According to one tech at Netgear the Antivirus scanner may be consuming way too much of the processor resources in certain instances. This could easily be tuned.

At first I was able to repeatedly lock up the box by copying large groups (over 1000) of photographic image files (several GB) to the NAS but that seems to have stabilized (thank goodness).

Backup does not seem to work at all on a schedule (Bug) but does work if you kick it off manually. I've had challenges with assigning rights to a drive connected to the eSATA port.

And the documentation is pretty basic . . .

So a dedicated forum would be great to air these (and other issues) without having to dig through the "history" of the rest of the ReadyNAS product line.

My 2 cents.
Message 5 of 6
chirpa
Luminary

AV will overwhelm the ARM boxes for sure.

OS 6.0.4 has a lot of memory leak issues, easy to make it crash. 6.0.5 is pending release, should help stability somewhat.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements