× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

boot failure (?), lp stat events and HW issue...

sirca
Aspirant

boot failure (?), lp stat events and HW issue...

Hi!
First of all sorry for my poor english...I am new to this forum, this is my first thread, although I follow all interesting thread 🙂
I have a new NV+ with less than 500 hours of total use. NV+ is off most of the time (I dont use that continuously so when not in use I turn off the NV+) and a life of less than 4 months.
When purchased new at june 2011 the model comes with 2 Seagate 1 TB (I don't remember the correct model), then after 1 month, at july 2011, I added 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000524AS from hardware compatibility list.
From the first day of use at june I checked several times the smart report to looking for possible issues with disks and all seems OK (also frontview reports "status OK" for every disk).
Last nigth after lot of delete/move/copy I scheduled a checkFS for the next reboot time and turned off the NV+.
When turned on againg it seems doesn't boot according to tenth led pattern at http://www.readynas.com/download/documentation/support/ReadyNAS-LED.pdf.
Considered that seemed elapsed more than 3 minutes (I dont checked the clock...) I pressed the power button for 5 seconds to turn off the unit and then I turned on again.
After correct NV+ bootup I checked again the smart status of disks and found that 3 of 4 have "Lp stat events" counter > 0 and seems to increse (actually about 40), I do not seem to have never noticed this before 😞
Adding the boot problem (?) to the "Lp stat events" is a "error signal" there a back-plane/hw issue?? Remenber the unit is 4 month old!!
Note that I tryed several turn off/turn on cycles after the single event and every boot is gone OK, but...I am worried about ReadyNAS-LED.pdf says "ReadyNAS OS is booting, this stage should not last for more than 3 minutes. Otherwise, one of disk may be bad or incompatible. SATA backplane is the next to be questioned, and then NAND or SODIMM."
Any suggestions??
Thank you and sorry for the long, long post 🙂
Best Regards from a worried user!!
Andrea
Message 1 of 4
sirca
Aspirant

Re: boot failure (?), lp stat events and HW issue...

Sorry I forgotten...I use 4.1.7 out of box and there are not other "strange" reported events in smart boxes.
🙂 Thank you again! 🙂
Andrea
Message 2 of 4
PapaBear1
Guide

You may have pending drive failure on more than one drive. If you do not have a current complete backup of your data, update or create you backup now.
Message 3 of 4
sirca
Aspirant

Hi PapaBear,
thank you for your quick reply!!!
This weekend I looked for other increasing values and these were stable.
Then after a reboot the "Lp stat events" goes to "2/0/4/4" resetting the previous values.
Noting that I almost inclined to think the NAS is Ok (??) also after reading other posts about "Lp stat events", although I would like to have reassurance from the readynas jedi council (if possible!!). 🙂
Thank you again PapaBear !!
Best Regards from Rome 🙂
Andrea
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements