× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: can not save configuration

davidr1
Luminary

can not save configuration

OS 6.9.4, Linux 18.04, Firefox Quantum

Recently I decided to update my backed up settings configurations for the above drives.

I could not. I pressed Settings>Configuration Backup>Download configuration archive but each time I got a pop-up tab saying:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /dbbroker on this server.

Apache/2.2.34 (Debian) Server at 192.168.1.7 Port 80"
Any help please?
Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage,RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage,RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @davidr1, to just make sure, that your issue is not related to firefox in anyway, why not trying another browser (Chrome, Edge, Lunascape, ...) you might have at hand and see whether you are getting the same error.

Kind regards

Message 2 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Were you using admin, or some other account in the admin group?

Trying another browser is worth a try. 

I'm not seeing this problem with 6.9.3 (using Chrome), so you could also try downgrading, saving the configuration, and then upgrading back to 6.9.4.

Message 3 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

Have you enabled admin access through HTTP (rather than just HTTPS)?  I find it odd that it's trying to access via Port 80, when it should be 443 for HTTPS.  Maybe a bug when you have made that selection?

Message 4 of 7
davidr1
Luminary

Thanks all for the replies.

It worked before in firefox - I was just updating config files especially in light of a recent disk failue (2 year warranty left).

I always log in as a user. Have always had both http and https.

I tried Chrome today. The first time - no problem.

But the second time it came up Not a private connection. I went round this using Advanced and Allow.

Odd that I've never had these problems before.

Thanks for the Chrome suggestion - should have tried it myself.

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@davidr1 wrote:

But the second time it came up Not a private connection. I went round this using Advanced and Allow.

Chrome will do that, and there is no good workaround (other than what you did).  It's because the NAS uses a self-signed certificate.

FWIW, Firefox downloads the configuration settings on my system (currently running 6.9.3).

Message 6 of 7
davidr1
Luminary

Thanks StephenB,

I'll recheck my security settings in Firefox.

Happy Christmas to all,

David

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements