× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can only access admin page using specific PC/OS & browser

kmmcd
Aspirant

can only access admin page using specific PC/OS & browser

I can only access the RN424 admin page using a specific PC/OS and browser.

1) W10 and Firefox will not work. Although I am prompted for a username and password after clicking through security exceptions, entering the username and password lands me on a page that displays the version number and a few graphics.

2) W10 and Edge used to work, but now, Edge warns me, after I enter the admin page address, that the site is not secure and will not let me proceed any further at all. other than to return to my home page.

3) From my Linux PC, is am able to access the admin page just fine using Firefox (after clicking through the security certificate popups). Whew!

What is happening here? I am concerned that this creeping phenomena will overtake my only method of access as well (Linux PC & Firefox).

Model: RN424| ReadyNAS 424 4-Bay with up to 40 TB total storage
Message 1 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: can only access admin page using specific PC/OS & browser

I can't say why you have the issue with FireFox.  In Edge, it sounds like you just have the security options set too tight so it doesn't give you a way to click through the warning.

Message 2 of 6
StephenB
Guru

I've given up on edge (and recent press says Microsoft is going to switch it to chromium underneath, so they are giving up on it too).

Firefox works for me.  Did you try clearing the browser cache?

Message 3 of 6
kmmcd
Aspirant

I believe that my security settings in Edge are already as loose as possible.

I cleared the cache in the W10 Firefox, but no success. As before, all I can view after submitting my username and password is a high level screen displaying the RN424 FW version.

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@kmmcd wrote:

As before, all I can view after submitting my username and password is a high level screen displaying the RN424 FW version.

You mean you are seeing this?splash.png

That means that you are accessing the web server in the NAS. Can you run RAIDar, and tell us what status it is giving you? https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

Message 5 of 6
kmmcd
Aspirant

StephenB, thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I am seeing the image you have displayed after entering the username and password in W10 Firefox. Edge, which I surprisingly generally find more reliable than Firefox in W10, will not allow me to advance as far as the login prompt.

RAIDar 4.3.8 has been indicating solid green for the RN424. (However, I have just inserted an additional drive, and the new drive is syncing.) This issue of web page access occurred before I added the new drive, however.

Note that I am able to successfully access the admin page from my linux PC using Firefox.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements