× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cannot access anymore to nasnetgear

carlocki
Luminary

cannot access anymore to nasnetgear

First this same problem https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/DNS-error-message-6001010060-readycloud-... 

then I added to the ethernet paramters 8.8.8.8 server

no I cannot access anyrmore....

Message 1 of 20
carlocki
Luminary

Re: cannot access anymore to nasnetgear

access solved NOW I have only update message error problem

Message 2 of 20
carlocki
Luminary

I keep loosing crediantial on pc so i have to reinstall everyday the OS on nas

it is very frustrating and it does not work

Message 3 of 20
carlocki
Luminary

I noticed that moving from dhcp to static ip put everything in a big mess. resetting dhcp let me enter in again

Message 4 of 20
StephenB
Guru

@carlocki wrote:

I noticed that moving from dhcp to static ip put everything in a big mess. 

Were you reserving the IP address in the router?

Or manually configuring an IP address in the NAS web ui?

Message 5 of 20
carlocki
Luminary

now I set static ip inside the router and free dhcp inside the nas. maybe could work

Message 6 of 20
carlocki
Luminary

RESUMING EVERYTHING

Now my router set the ip on a number and the nas in on DHCP and everything work. The only big issue it is If i change the admin password i cannot access anymore from pc to nas with the folders

this is the only issue right now. Mapping the router solved the request of password from windows to the nas.

I am scared to try to change admin password cause I won't to do a no os reinstall

Message 7 of 20
Sandshark
Sensei

That seems to indicate two things:  you are using the admin password to access normal shares via Windows (which, IMHO, is a bad idea) and that you've stored the NAS admin password on the PC, so it's automatically trying to provide that to the NAS (and it fails once you've changed the password but not erased it from the PC's credentials manager.

Exactly how you go about fixing this depends on whether you want to use a different user name for normal access, and if you want Windows to automatically provide the password or you want to enter it manually every time you first access the NAS.

Message 8 of 20
carlocki
Luminary

it is not exactly you describe. when i reset the admin password nothing work anymore. I mean it becomes impossible to access via net system of windows

Message 9 of 20
Sandshark
Sensei

You need to be give more detail.  Are you, as I suspected, using the admin password to "access via net system of windows" (whatever it is you mean by that)?  How do you know that your lack of access is not due to an incorrect password being supplied by Windows, as I suspect is the case?

Message 10 of 20
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote:

You need to be give more detail.  

FWIW, there is more detail here.

Message 11 of 20
Sandshark
Sensei

OK, so this is an impatient user posting the same issue a second time.  I'll discontinue replying to this unnecessary thread.

Message 12 of 20
carlocki
Luminary

it is 2022 we must be inclusive in life. It is not easy to explain in english something far from my skills.

Message 13 of 20
StephenB
Guru

@carlocki wrote:

It is not easy to explain in english something far from my skills.

I do understand that, and hope you feel that I have been patient and inclusive.  I have no language skills, so I am limited to English.

I continue to believe that something is going on in PC(s), and not in the ReadyNAS.  But we haven't sorted out exactly what, and I am not sure we can make much more progress.

You could make one more attempt to change the admin password, and see if the access issue happens again. But I understand why you are hesitant to do that.

Message 14 of 20
carlocki
Luminary

grazie you are very inclusive and the forum it is great.

YES I have not a great appeal to change admin password again.

Message 15 of 20
carlocki
Luminary

is possible that  I cannot access when os is doing scrubbing over hard disk?

Message 16 of 20
StephenB
Guru

@carlocki wrote:

is possible that I cannot access when os is doing scrubbing over hard disk?

You should still be able to access files from file explorer, though the system will run slower.  The web ui might time out, since it runs at a lower priority than SMB and other services.

How long has the scrub been running?

Message 17 of 20
carlocki
Luminary

since gen 20 at 10 pm now is on 60%

it is the contraty password issue on windows ecplorer and ui online perfectly worlks

Message 18 of 20
StephenB
Guru

@carlocki wrote:

since gen 20 at 10 pm now is on 60%

it is the contraty password issue on windows ecplorer and ui online perfectly worlks

Then I don't think it's the scrub.

Though as I've said before, I don't know what is causing the password issue on your PCs, and the symptoms aren't being reported by other users. 

Message 19 of 20
carlocki
Luminary

I bought this NAS used. I think I didn't formatted it at start.

Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements