× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

event vs state power settings - I'm confused

Blanker-2
Guide

event vs state power settings - I'm confused

in the 2 screenshots on this page, they both look like they are performing the same functon - power on my nas at this time & then shut it down at this time.  I don't understand the difference here.

https://kb.netgear.com/000049512/ReadyNAS-OS-6-9-Power-Timer-enhancement

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: event vs state power settings - I'm confused

The difference is that with event based, you can have one or more power on's without an off or off's without an on.  In state based, they go in pairs that cannot overlap.

So if you want to be able to leave it off except when you manually turn it on, but want it turned off every night at midnight in case you forgot to shut it down when you were done, you can do that with event based, but not state based.

With the example using exactly the same schedule for each example, it is a bit confusing.

Message 2 of 3
Blanker-2
Guide

Re: event vs state power settings - I'm confused

Thanks, I think I get it.  

I experimented switching to event based yesterday, and when the system turned off it actually turned off my extension unit.  Is that expected?  I think it was off.  There were no lights on.  When the system shut down from state based power timer the extension unit remained lit (the netgear logo on the front).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements