× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

gmail auth not working after trying to relogin

jjcf89_2
Tutor

gmail auth not working after trying to relogin

Read the other forum posts after getting the email from gmail. And attempted to sign out and log back in. But now I can't authenticate.

* Clicked sign out

* Clicked Singed in With Google

* Authenticated in gmail popup

* Email form fills in with information and spinning progress bar shows up

* After spinner disappears, the email form is empty and Send Message doesn't work.  Gmail button says "Signed in with Google" however.

Capture.PNG

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: gmail auth not working after trying to relogin

On my system all those blank fields (user, password, smtp server, etc) are filled in.

Message 2 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Stephen,

Does the form on your RN show 

[Clear] and [Send Message]

or 

[Sign Out] and [Send Message]

We had (granted, 6.10-RC2) a manual configuration in place before, with a manually configured advanced settings. Used the [Clear], ... run over the Gmail process for acquiring the token, not it shows [Sign Out] below, sending a [Send Message] Email works as expected. The odd part - and that's why I'm writing - is that the manual config from before wasn't cleared by [Clear] - much more it appears the information is somehow retained in the background. In my opinion, the from should not remain filled and filed.

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@schumaku wrote:

[Clear] and [Send Message]

or 

[Sign Out] and [Send Message]

It shows [Clear] and [Send Message]

Everything was manually configured back in 2016 (and I just use the gmail account password, enabling less trusted apps my google settings).

Message 4 of 7
jjcf89_2
Tutor

I think we've gotten a bit off topic. If the recommendation is to manually setup the gmail auth I can do that but it still seems like the token auth isn't working correctly.

Message 5 of 7
schumaku
Guru

@jjcf89_2 wrote:

I think we've gotten a bit off topic. If the recommendation is to manually setup the gmail auth I can do that but it still seems like the token auth isn't working correctly.

Perfect on the topic - do we face here a 6.9.6 or 6.10-RC2 RN314? Here on a similar aged (same x86 firmware build) 6.10-RC2 RN516 an ad-hoc conversion from the (many year long nicely working manual Gmail SMTP config) to the Gmail token (for a "normal" @gmail.com account worked like a charm.

Asked @StephenB to figure out if he still has a manual config or a token auth in place. 

Use submission port 465/TCP or 587/TCP, tick TLS, and don't forget that depending on your Gmail account security settings might require an App Password (in case you have the highly suggested two factor auth enabled).

Message 6 of 7
jjcf89_2
Tutor

I'm running OS 6.9.5, nas reported its running the latest version.

I had been using the gmail token authentication but got an email that google was changing something and that it would stop working.  This forum post suggested redoing the authentication should fix it. https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/Email-alert-Not-going-to-work-with-GMAIL...

Not sure why its not working now though.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements