× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear readynas rnd 2000 v2

xDaly
Follower

netgear readynas rnd 2000 v2

hi i have an old readynas and i really needs help , i searched over all the internet for a solution and i cant find , is there any chat conversation so i can show my problem to any one who have and idea 

Problem is; I start it up, but the fan speed pulsates loudly, and all but the led above "backup" button flash, including the power button. 2 slow flashed followed by3 "short" flashes.

the raidar detect the readynas but i cant acces to the frontview . in the raidar the led status led is a constant blue .

i tryed to factory reset but when i push the factory button to choose it wont work .

this photo is when i try to factory reset , the backup boutton wont work , i cant choose led1 or led 2 . and when i press the reset boutton it wont start os reinstall or the factory reset

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: netgear readynas rnd 2000 v2

The decoder ring for the LED codes is here: 

LED blink behavior for 2 disk systems is three quick blinks of all disk LEDs and the backup LED, followed by an 1s delay, followed by a number of slow blinks.  The number of slow blinks will be the error code.

Current error codes:
1 - Vendor mismatch
2 - No disks detected
3 - Bad contents on root partition of disks
4 - Flash error
5 - Unsupported RAID configuration

So in your case the NAS is detecting "no disks".  OS reinstall and factory default both require disks.

The next troubleshooting test is to check both disks in a Windows PC using vendor tools (seatools for seagate, lifeguard for western digital).  You can connect the disks with either SATA or a USB adapter/dock.  Label the disks by slot as you remove them (and power off the NAS before removal and reinsertion).  Note that if you need to offload data stored on the NAS you can use the free r-linux for windows tool (extracting data from disk 1 of the NAS).  https://www.r-studio.com/free-linux-recovery/

If you have a spare disk, you could also try doing a factory default with just that disk installed, and see if that works.

If the disks check out ok, then you either have a failed chassis or (less likely) a failed power adapter.  You can easily replace the power adapter for about $25; the chassis isn't repairable.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements