× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

nfs mount problem for home directory (ReadyNas 104 OS 6.10.2)

Retired_Member
Not applicable

nfs mount problem for home directory (ReadyNas 104 OS 6.10.2)

Hi

since a short while - probably after update to OS 6.10.2 - I have aproblem mounting my home directory on my Ready NAS104 via NFS.
As a rule only NFS access to my home directory on the NAS is allowed.

NFS mounting attemps of my home folder are rejected. All the other shares mounted via NFS work fine
However after I change the FTP acces of the home folder via the admin web interface home folder NFS mount works up to the next reboot of the NAS.
It does not matter if I change the FTP access for the home folder from 'on' to 'off' or vice versa. I do not have to do this change of the FTP access from the computer which mounts the home directory. Whith FTP Acces 'on' the web interface shows 'admin' read/write' as access right and with FTP access 'off' is shows 'not shared'
In 2016 had the same problem with OS 6.6.0. As far as I remember it disappeared after a OS update.
Does anyone have the same problem? Or does anyone know a work arround ?

To me this is somewhat annoying since I automatcally shut down my NAS at night. So every day I toggle the FTP acces righ for my home folder from some other PC before I start my 'work' PC.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: nfs mount problem for home directory (ReadyNas 104 OS 6.10.2)

Somehow misteriosly this behaviour disappeard a few day ago. To my knowlege I did not do any other changes than toggeling ftp access on and off for the home folder on my NAS.

I hope it wiil keep on mounting automatcally.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Somehow misteriosly this behaviour disappeard a few day ago. To my knowlege I did not do any other changes than toggeling ftp access on and off for the home folder on my NAS.

I hope it wiil keep on mounting automatcally.

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Can you please clarify what "home directory" you are referring to here when it comes to the ReadyNAS? NFS mounting standard shared folder, or mounting a username subfolder on the "Home Folders" share (exported as "/home" * (insecure,insecure_locks,root_squash,anonuid=99,anongid=99,no_subtree_check,rw,sync))?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements