× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: phpinfo on ReadyNas

wagb278
Star

phpinfo on ReadyNas

I cannot seem to get a phpinfo.php file to work on my ReadyNAS.  Need suggestions. I am running NAS firmware version 6.6.0.

I have the PHP file "phpinfo.php" in my "apps" directory but it does not work.  My apps directory includes the following:

root@spar:/apps# ls -l
total 4
drwxr-xr-x 1 admin admin  20 Feb  9  2015 custom
dr-xr-xr-x 1 root  root    0 Sep 12  2014 DO_NOT_DELETE
drwxr-xr-x 1 admin admin 162 Oct  2  2014 joomla
drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root  474 Oct  1  2014 photos2
-rwxr-xr-x 1 admin admin  15 Mar  7  2015 phpinfo.php
drwxr-xr-x 1 admin admin 116 Mar  7  2015 phpmyadminr6

The phpinfo.php file contains:

Spoiler
root@spar:/apps# cat phpinfo.php
<?phpinfo();?>

accessing that file in a browser (using https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/apps/phpinfo.php) gives these results:

Not Found

The requested URL /apps/phpinfo.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.31 (Debian) Server at

I thought phpinfo used to work on this device, maybe not.  Has sometihng changed in recent firmware updates?  I cannot get a very basic index.html file to show in browser also.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 7
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi wagb278,

There was an update on the core base from Debian 7 to 8. The app developers would need to update their software as well.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi wagb278,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 7
wagb278
Star

This issue is not resolved.  I cannot access .php or .html files but would like to; so help is still sought.

Message 4 of 7
wagb278
Star

Further research into this has convinced me not to mess trying to get simple HTML and PHP files to work on my NAS. 

What I was originally trying to do is to have a phpinfo() output from the NAS to be able to inspect the PHP settings and other information provided by that function.  I still think that is good information to have available - maybe phpinfo() is something that could be added to the OS.

The directory /etc/apache2 includes a directory named sites-enabled containing links to "http.conf" files in /apps/<app-name> that in-turn include configuration settings.  One of the configuration parameters is a Listen Port that probably requres registration with NetGear and using the development kit to develop applications.  So adding simple HTML or PHP files instead of full applications appears to be something I don't want to mess around with and posibly break my NAS.  I need my NAS for its original purpose of backup file storage.

Message 5 of 7
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi wagb278,

Not sure if this is related the Debian update on the ReadyNAS. Have you tried reaching out to the developer of the apps?

Regards,

Message 6 of 7
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi wagb278,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements