× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

raid 5 failure and data recovery

rbf351
Aspirant

raid 5 failure and data recovery

My RN104 has been running for years with no issues, I added a 10TB drive the other day, and the system crashed. I rebooted it by unplugging the power, and am now left with the screen below after 72 hours of letting it repair itself. Is there anyway to recover the data?

Capture.JPG

Model: RN10443D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: raid 5 failure and data recovery

Hi @rbf351

Welcome to the Community!

Can you still download the logs? RAID went out of sync and the other drive is missing, It is also possible that there have been disk failures.

You can check status.log, diskinfo.log or smart_history.log to see if there were any messages regarding the disks.

You can also contact Support for Data Recovery services, they will charge you for that but will also help with the recovery and get your NAS operational.

Kindly send me a link to your logs we can then check it.

Regards

Message 2 of 3
sophiam123
Aspirant

Re: raid 5 failure and data recovery

Well, you can contact data recovery professionals to get your files recovered even after system crash. They will provide you free diagnostic report describing all the failure reasons. And mention the possible recoverable files. They are ready to deliver Emergency Data Recovery in most cases.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements