× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readyNAS Duo admin page

mothrat1980
Aspirant

readyNAS Duo admin page

I have finally gotten my ReadyNAS running but I can't access the admin page. I can connect to the device through the web interface with no problem, but when it comes to the admin page, I get errors about ciphers and mismatches certificate errors or something.

Can anyone advise? I would like to update the firmware, but if what I have read is correct and the fact that I have 4.1.6 means that my device is actually v1 and I can;t update the firmware anyway.

If that is not the case can anyone help.

Many thanks in advance.

David

Model: ReadyNAS RND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
mothrat1980
Aspirant

Re: readyNAS Duo admin page

Finally got this working, I tried firefox 3.6, didn't like it. Soi went back even further to Netscape Navigator. I think the verison I got was 9 or something, but it was able to work. So another problem sorted!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @mothrat1980

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried using a different browser? Clearing cache before trying to access the admin page?

RAIDar will show you what version of Duo you have so if you have 4.1.6 as firmware then it is a V1.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

If you have internet security software running (particularly Bitdefender), then try disabling that.

Your firmware is at least 8 years old.  4.1.16 is the current firmware.  It is possible that your problem would be resolved if you update it. Of course to do that you need to get into the admin interface.  Perhaps try compatibility mode with Internet Explorer, and see if that gets you in.

If you still can't connect, you might try installing an old version of firefox. FireFox 3.6 was current back when 4.1.6 was released, so it should work.  https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/3.6.10/  You will need to turn off automatic updates as soon as you install it.

Message 3 of 4
mothrat1980
Aspirant

Finally got this working, I tried firefox 3.6, didn't like it. Soi went back even further to Netscape Navigator. I think the verison I got was 9 or something, but it was able to work. So another problem sorted!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements