× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readynas nv+ v2 Access After Changing Router

Shane88
Aspirant

readynas nv+ v2 Access After Changing Router

Hey.

Was hoping someone could help me understand this. 

I can no longer access, read or modify my RND4000v2 after switching routers due to my old router dying.

The READYNAS NV+ v2 is currently displaying 192.128.1.1 i logged into my new router and switched the IP to match but that did not give me access. I can find it on RAIDer but it will not let me access the admin page (i tried this over wireless network and also by plugging the storage device directly into one of my laptops). Firmware is 5.3.13

Is there something really simple i am missing. I was able to access the storage from multiple machines right up until i switched routers.

Would appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance i hope.

Shane

Model: RND4000v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: readynas nv+ v2 Access After Changing Router

@Shane88 wrote:

Hey.

I can no longer access, read or modify my RND4000v2 after switching routers due to my old router dying.

The READYNAS NV+ v2 is currently displaying 192.128.1.1 i logged into my new router and switched the IP to match but that did not give me access.

192.168.1.1 is likely the IP address of your router, which would create a duplicate address.

Try doing an OS reinstall on the NAS - see pages 24-25: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/ReadyNAS_Duov2_NV+v2_HW_en_23-Mar-12.pdf  Be careful not to accidently do a factory default.

The reinstall will reset the NAS to use DCHP, and also reset the admin password back to password.

@Shane88 wrote:

The READYNAS NV+ v2 is currently displaying 192.128.1.1

Is this a typo?  Or did you mean 192.168.1.1?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the ReadyNAS products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NAS products. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/bd-p/readynas-general

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Shane88 wrote:

Hey.

The READYNAS NV+ v2 is currently displaying 192.128.1.1 i logged into my new router and switched the IP to match but that did not give me access.

192.168.1.1 is likely the IP address of your router, which would create a duplicate address.

Try doing an OS reinstall on the NAS - see pages 24-25: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/ReadyNAS_Duov2_NV+v2_HW_en_23-Mar-12.pdf  Be careful not to accidently do a factory default.

The reinstall will reset the NAS to use DCHP, and also reset the admin password back to password.

@Shane88 wrote:

The READYNAS NV+ v2 is currently displaying 192.128.1.1

Is this a typo?  Or did you mean 192.168.1.1?

Message 3 of 5
Shane88
Aspirant

@StephenB 

Yes sorry that was a typo.

Readynas is displaying 192.168.1.1

My current i.p is 192.168.0.1

I logged into my router and changed it to match the readynas but was still not able to read or access the admin page. 

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Shane88 wrote:

Readynas is displaying 192.168.1.1

My current i.p is 192.168.0.1

I logged into my router and changed it to match the readynas but was still not able to read or access the admin page. 

Not surprising, since 192.168.0.x and 192.168.1.x are different subnets.  Changing the router IP to 192,168.1.1 puts them on the same subnet, but gives you a duplicate address (both the NAS and the router are assigned to 192.168.1.1).

Do the OS reinstall.  Then if you need a persistant IP address for the NAS, reserve it in the router.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements