× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

request:stable FTP server on DuoV2

rnas_newbie
Aspirant

request:stable FTP server on DuoV2

quite a simple request;
Please can we have a stable FTP server on the DuoV2.

Currently on 5.3.7 it fails to work if you leave your unit on for more than a day or so.
It fails to list the contents of the FTP directories - You have to either change the permissions on any of the folders (or remove ftp & renable it...so tiresome) then hey presto, all works fine for a shorttime...
Sorry Netgear, but this happens too often to be a one off, I've factory defaulted the unit a few times now.
Message 1 of 6
de_niro
Guide

Re: request:stable FTP server on DuoV2

to list directory correctly you need to set masquerade address and open its port range to the internet,did you try active mode to your FTP server?
Message 2 of 6
rnas_newbie
Aspirant

de niro wrote:
to list directory correctly you need to set masquerade address and open its port range to the internet,did you try active mode to your FTP server?

thanks for the heads up, unfortunately I use masquerading as I only need to access internally on the network (all static ip addresses)
I assume yours if fairly stable and does not suffer from the same issue?
(I will try active mode soon, to see what the results are like, may be a day or so due to the issues below)

What does seem related - is the old classic of the V2 keeps randomly rescanning the dlna from scratch, even though I do not add content and it's not set to auto update.
My main frustration stems from the issue persisting even after a reboot, unless I mess with the permissions on 'any' folder, only then does FTP work on the v2,

ps - my Ultra is fine, never an issue (my NVX that eats disks on radiator 4.2.22...is another issue)

thanks again for the suggestion 🙂
Message 3 of 6
rnas_newbie
Aspirant

how do you set the FTP as active mode on a V2 via frontview v5...?
As I've just gone to change the settings under FTP and cannot see the option... argghh - I know it's there on x86 & sparc, readynas's - oh the joy of this device.

Is this another feature we need to request?
Message 4 of 6
de_niro
Guide

Sorry I meant setting your FTP client to active mode to connect NAS FTP server.which client are you using?Filezilla?
Message 5 of 6
rnas_newbie
Aspirant

de niro wrote:
Sorry I meant setting your FTP client to active mode to connect NAS FTP server.which client are you using?Filezilla?

whoops, thanks for posting back.
I woke up this morning &realised my mistake
client is indeed, filezilla
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements