× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: rn526 cant access it via admin anymore

dunkens
Apprentice

rn526 cant access it via admin anymore

Hi

Did a upgrade to 6.10.4 and rebooted

I can see it appears in the switch ang gets ip , but i cant reach the nas at all

dosent responds to ping , did a second restart of the nas , same thing ??

Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@dunkens wrote:

I can see it appears in the switch ang gets ip , but i cant reach the nas at all

1. Are you saying that you can't reach the admin page, or that you can't access the shares in Windows Explorer/Finder (or both)?
  2. What status are you seeing on the LCD?

Have you tried installing RAIDar?  It might give you more status information.  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads

Message 2 of 6
dunkens
Apprentice

Hi

Couldnt access it at all ...

Did found a way , did remove the network cable and inserted it again , then it did work

Wierd , but it works 🙂

Never had any issues before with upgrading the nas

Message 3 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

Is it possible that something else on the network was assigned the same IP address?  How is your NAS IP address assigned, DHCP (with or without address reservation in the router) or static?

Message 4 of 6
dunkens
Apprentice

Hi

Nas is using static ip , it feels like the nic interface went hayway somehow ..

But glad its working as it should :))

Message 5 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

If you are using a static IP (which is not really the best way to do it), make sure that address is outside the range of assignments by DHCP or that you also reserve it in the router (which negates the need for the static IP).  Otherwise, the router might assign that address to another device as well if the NAS is off at the time, and the NAS will not communicate properly.

Address reservation in the router is typically a better way to go.  That way, if you change routers and the new one uses a different subnet from the old, you don't have to figure out how to get into the NAS GUI to change it's address.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements