× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rn526x The resync operation finished on volume data. However, the volume is still degraded

danmarotta5
Aspirant

rn526x The resync operation finished on volume data. However, the volume is still degraded

i have a drive that i repalced due to errrors when i put in the new drive resync occurs and i get the following error message

"The resync operation finished on volume data. However, the volume is still degraded"

i've reinserted, rebooted many times with the same message ... the drive does not show up in the volume display after this error message

any ideas how to fix ?

Model: RN526X|ReadyNAS 526X – 6 Bays with up to 60TB total storage
Message 1 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: rn526x The resync operation finished on volume data. However, the volume is still degraded

It typically means an error occurred in the resync, possible due to a problem with the new drive.  One step would be to test the new drive with a PC and vendor tools.  Another would be to look for file system errors in the downloadable log .zip file.

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: rn526x The resync operation finished on volume data. However, the volume is still degraded

@Sandshark wrote:

Another would be to look for file system errors in the downloadable log .zip file.

mdstat.log (in that downloadable zip) will provide more information on what is missing from the RAID array.  So perhaps cut/paste that in your reply.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements