Reply

rndp4000 ReadyDLNA mp4 files

Fred_Up
Tutor

rndp4000 ReadyDLNA mp4 files

My ReadyNAS Pro 4 was running OS 4 - latest version. The ReadyDLNA would only show some MKV files (all other video formats were fine).

 

Upgraded the OS 6 (now with the latest version. The ReadyDLNA now shows all MKV files. The problem is that MP4 are now not showing up - they played fine in OS 4.

 

All video files were backed up, then the OS was updated and finally copied back on to the ReadyNAS.

 

Any Ideas?

 

Fred

Model: RNDP4000 (ReadyNAS Pro 4)|ReadyNAS® Pro 4 System Diskless|EOL
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: rndp4000 ReadyDLNA mp4 files


@Fred_Up wrote:

 

Upgraded the OS 6 (now with the latest version. The ReadyDLNA now shows all MKV files. The problem is that MP4 are now not showing up - they played fine in OS 4.

Did you try re-scanning the share they are in?

Message 2 of 7
Fred_Up
Tutor

Re: rndp4000 ReadyDLNA mp4 files

Did that. It shows some mp4 files but not the majority. Under OS4 it showed and played all mp4 files.
Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: rndp4000 ReadyDLNA mp4 files


@Fred_Up wrote:
Did that. It shows some mp4 files but not the majority. Under OS4 it showed and played all mp4 files.

It could be that one corrupted media file is causing the scan to abort.

 

Maybe download the log zip file and look in upnp_av.log.

Message 4 of 7
Fred_Up
Tutor

Re: rndp4000 ReadyDLNA mp4 files

I have since added more video iles (mkv, mp4, avi) and so far all the new mp4 files (as well the other formats) have shown up and played.

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: rndp4000 ReadyDLNA mp4 files


@Fred_Up wrote:

I have since added more video iles (mkv, mp4, avi) and so far all the new mp4 files (as well the other formats) have shown up and played.


But no luck with most of the old ones?

Message 6 of 7
Fred_Up
Tutor

Re: rndp4000 ReadyDLNA mp4 files

I deleted the ones on the Readynas but not showing on the ReadyDLNA. Then copied across from the backup on my PC. They started to appear on the ReadyDLNA.

I noticed that the properties on the 'missing' mp4 files had no bitrate details. The replaced ones did have bitrate values.

The missing files were all the ones played under OS4. The temp copying of all video files to my laptop, upgrading to OS6 then coping back must have cleaned the bitrate value on the viewed mp4 files.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 561 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements