× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

too much complaining

s4mb4
Aspirant

too much complaining

i have been a ReadyNAS user for years. own several devices. have always been very happy with them and Netgear.
i image most people here would echo the same.
now netgear is releasing new products and a new OS and lots of people are complaing, "why no upgrade"

technology is a fast moving, never ending cycle of patches, upgrades and replacement. quite often the timing of a purchase makes for sour grapes for the end user.

too all the folks complaining about why their NAS will not get the new OS6, i say "quit your whining"

i have a perfectly working ReadyNAS Pro Business with 6 x 2TB disks that I will power off as soon as my new ReadyNAS 516 shows up. (pre-ordered a few days ago)

that is technology. it always changes. it never ends. if it didn't, i would still have my old x286 PC with 512MB or RAM.

I do not see anything wrong with Netgears direction and am happy they are still trying to inovate with new technology.
Message 1 of 4
WSJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: too much complaining

I would be totally with you - but recently it did happen that new products have been released to market and before their warranty period is approaching the contra.... That's unfair - and explains why customers feel cheated.

I'm the last person to vote against innovation.
But protecting customer investments is an important asset - especially when aiming at the corporate business market segment (where product support has a life-span of 5-10 years).
Message 2 of 4
WSJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

s4mb4 wrote:
technology is a fast moving, never ending cycle of patches, upgrades and replacement.

Be sure that I'd not mind to obtain "never ending cycle of patches and upgrades". :wink:
Message 3 of 4
s4mb4
Aspirant

man o man, do i have egg on face over this post...

OS 6 is half baked and most of the features i want do not work.

only buy a new device if you do not care about ReadyDLNA, Plex or Transmission.
non of those feature will work and when they do, they will evntually stop working.
the stability of OS 6 is a joke compared to 4.2.22
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements