× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

where to get new PSU for Readynas 4200 / how to disable beep

ruoverrated2
Aspirant

where to get new PSU for Readynas 4200 / how to disable beep

Hi,

one of the psu of my readynas 4200 died yesterday.
I have two questions:
1. Where can I order a new psu?
2. Are there alternatives, for example a psu which make less noise? Or would it be possible to replace the fan of the psu to reduce the noise (I think psu's make more noise than the fans in the readynas)

And a third question:
With only one psu working the Readynas makes a really annoying beeping sound to warn me that there is only one psu working. Is it possible to disable this beep? And if yes how?

regards
Henri
Message 1 of 7
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Re: where to get new PSU for Readynas 4200 / how to disable

Try to contact Netgear Support and check if its possible for you to get a replacement PSU: http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/#tab-call

As far as I know, beeping would also occur if only one of the two PSU is connected to power. (Someone correct me if ever I'm wrong 😄 )
Message 2 of 7
krungkrung
Tutor

This NAS has external PSU which I believe the part number is 331-10050-01, it is best you contact support to check the HW warranty of your NAS and the appropriate part number for the PSU. If the PSU is for replacement, they process replacement for the PSU.

You also have an option of redundant PS, model number is RPSU02-10000S
Message 3 of 7
itsjasper
Luminary

JennC1 wrote:
This NAS has external PSU which I believe the part number is 331-10050-01, it is best you contact support to check the HW warranty of your NAS and the appropriate part number for the PSU. If the PSU is for replacement, they process replacement for the PSU.

You also have an option of redundant PS, model number is RPSU02-10000S

You mean removable PSU, there are no external PSUs on the rackmount product line. They are hot-swappable.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/ ... June11.pdf
Message 4 of 7
ruoverrated2
Aspirant

Ixa wrote:
Try to contact Netgear Support and check if its possible for you to get a replacement PSU: http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/#tab-call

As far as I know, beeping would also occur if only one of the two PSU is connected to power. (Someone correct me if ever I'm wrong 😄 )

Hi, thanks. It is correct that beeping also occurs if only one psu is connected.
The issue is that I currently only have one working psu, so it will continously beep. (and the beep is very loud). I don't know how the beep is generated. Is there something I can change in raidiator or on the motherboard to stop it from beeping?
Message 5 of 7
wlahood
Aspirant

Hi Henri,

I have the same problem with an unpowered psu. Can you tell me if you solved the beep problem?

Message 6 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

The chassis for the 4200 is a standard SuperMicro one and power supplies (Ablecom PWS-702A-1R on my 4200V2) are avalable lots of places.  I bought a used pair for $20 plus shipping on eBay.  Note that while other wattages are available, SuperMicro does not recommend mixing them.

As for shutting off the beep, it's supposed to turn off if you pull out the unused/broken supply.  I've not tried it, though.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements