× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

xref model numbers + names in FAQ

__m_m_
Aspirant

xref model numbers + names in FAQ

Is there a cross-reference of the model names and model numbers anywhere?
I can't find anything in the FAQ or the site.

Surely these should be documented, and clearly visible from the "Products" tab on readynas.com, or at least in the FAQ.

My first problem:
local suppliers list Netgear NAS units by model number,
eg RND2000, RNDU2000, rather than model name (Duo, Ultra 2).

(So: query one - what *are* the model numbers for the Ultra Plus units?)

Another problem:
I bought some sparc Duos, and the sticker on bottom of case reads
ReadyNAS Duo RND2000 v2
ARRGGG! Had I been dumped into ARM-land?

The packaging gave RND2000-100. A great relief to know I was not in the new ARM software environment, but it took wretched hours combing these forums to find the clues I needed.

So, query two - is that "RND2000 v2" a mislabelling?
Or just a v2 of the RND2000 sparc product, quite distinct from the "Duo v2" ARM product line?

All this could have been sorted out much more easily if the model numbers and model names were cross-referenced. They could go under the Products tab, in the product comparison chart, in the FAQ... please, please, *somewhere*.

exhausted...
^^m=m-
Message 1 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: xref model numbers + names in FAQ

Here's a list of the NetGear desktop ReadyNAS models (note for e.g. RND4000 if you replace the three zeros e.g. to get RND4250 you will get the RND4000 but with 2x500GB drives installed, where an appendix e.g. -100 is not shown in the list you can assume it is currently -100)

Discontinued:
RND2000-100 - Duo v1
RND4000-100 - NV+ v1
RNDX4000 - NVX
RNDX400E - NVX Pioneer
RNDP6000-100 Pro Business Edition
RNDP600E-100 Pro Pioneer Edition

Current:
RND2000-200 - Duo v2
RND4000-200 - NV+ v2
RNDU2000 - Ultra 2
RNDU4000 - Ultra 4
RNDU6000 - Ultra 6
RNDP200U - Ultra 2 Plus
RNDP400U - Ultra 4 Plus
RNDP600U-200 - Ultra 6 Plus
RNDP2000 - Pro 2
RNDP4000 - Pro 4
RNDP6000-200 - Pro 6

Welcome to the forum!
The RND2000 v2 is not a mislabelling but is a bit confusing. It would represent a small change in the hardware of the product. As model number was kept the same, the change(s) must have been pretty minor.
Message 2 of 8
__m_m_
Aspirant

thanks, mdgm.
(your website has already helped... )
Message 3 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're welcome!

We're both up very, very late.

I should have mentioned it but the bold emphasis is mine to highlight parts of the model number that are important not to overlook.
Message 4 of 8
__m_m_
Aspirant

Dear Netgear,

I'd still like you to provide a comprehensive and canonical cross-reference of the model names and numbers...
^^m=m- wrote:
They could go under the Products tab, in the product comparison chart, in the FAQ... please, please, *somewhere*.

and it'd be good to have a categorical answer on this
^^m=m- wrote:

Another problem:
I bought some sparc Duos, and the sticker on bottom of case reads
ReadyNAS Duo RND2000 v2
[ . . . ]
The packaging gave RND2000-100.
[ . . . ]

So, query two - is that "RND2000 v2" a mislabelling?
Or just a v2 of the RND2000 sparc product, quite distinct from the "Duo v2" ARM product line?

thanks,
^^m=m-
Message 5 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It is not a mislabelling. The Duo was first released back in 2008. The RND2000 v2 labelling was applied well before development on the Duo v2 started. In fact I just did a search for you and found a post from back in Aug 2009 by a senior member of the ReadyNAS dev team: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=177891#p177891
chirpa wrote:

The only difference is the network PHY, which was changed due to short supply of the original.

So it basically tells NetGear quickly about what network hardware is in the Duo (v1) unit.

There's no major difference between any of the Sparc RND2000 boxes whatever the label.

The new Duo v2 (RND2000-200) is a major change, different CPU architecture, different firmware, different addons, different RAID format, cannot migrate disks across from Duo v1 to Duo v2.
Message 6 of 8
Rubatoguy
Aspirant

So, I have an RND4250-V3
I can't seem to find anything that talks about the V3 series. Do I just have an oddball?
Message 7 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That's a NV+ v1 hardware revision 3, so you have one of the later NV+ v1 units.

Please don't revive dead threads.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements