× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

403 Forbidden Error

Robbie2017
Aspirant

403 Forbidden Error

I have a ReadyNAS RN212. Software is 6.9.0

I am not techie, bought this to replace my old PC tower and have remote access for a student and a business. (I did assume this was plug and play, so regretting this purchase at the moment) I am trying to set up remote access, i have created shares sent invites to users, but i cannot even access remotely. I am using the readycloud app on an IOS phone, i can see the documents in the folder and all the pics i have loaded, but when i try to access them it give me Error 403 forbidden. i have tried many threads but some are so technical i wouldnt even try to understand.mI have managed to enable upNp on my router, but thats it! sorry this is so vague

Model: ReadyNAS Remote|
Message 1 of 5
RongqingL
NETGEAR Expert

Re: 403 Forbidden Error

Hi,Robbie2017:

You can update your ReadyNAS to the latest firmware and sign out your readycloud account in your mobilephone then try again.

Thank you

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

The current firmware is 6.9.1.  

If you log into the NAS admin ui (https://nas-ip-address/admin) and go to the cloud tab, do you see green checkmarks for both ReadyCloud and the internet connection?

If you open your web browser to readycloud.netgear.com in a PC, can you access the files through that interface?

Message 3 of 5
Robbie2017
Aspirant

i have updated the firmware, signed out and back in and that has worked thank you

Message 4 of 5
Robbie2017
Aspirant

thanks StephenB, yes checked both and the checkmarks both green and i can access via browser. I have updated the firmware, signed out and back in as it was suggested and that worked. I need to check whether the rest of the family can now access, so will leave open temporarliy, thanks for the reply

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements