× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Admin Access Help

Stuuk1
Aspirant

Admin Access Help

Hi,

While I have owned my Nas for a couple of years I have now just replaced 2 x drives on my RN102.

When I inserted the new drives, I was prompted at the admin page to setup various things e.g. email address for emailing faults and also new passwords..

The new drives are doing "something" as the ACT light is constantly flickering.. When I now try to log in to the admin page I cannot log in with the default username and password as I have always done. When It prompted me earlier to set a new username and password, this is not being accepted either. I also cannot recover the password as all I get is the following "Recover Password Failed".

Does anyone have any ideas? Perhaps while the new HDD's are initialising, I cannot access the admin page?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Admin Access Help

Its not that uncommon for the NAS to become temporarily non-responsive during setup.

So wait a couple hours, if the  symptoms don't change report back.  You can also look at status with RAIDar 6.0 (which sometimes will respond when the admin interface doesn't).

Message 2 of 4
Stuuk1
Aspirant

Hi,

Thank you so much for getting back to me so promptly.

I can see the system via Radiar but cannot access anything. Like you said, Ill give it a few hours to settle down and see. 

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Stuuk1,

It appears you went through the setup wizard when it asked you for email address and new password.

I suppose there is no volume that has important data stored since you replaced 2 disks at the same time on your 2-bay NAS. If after hours of wait and get the same problem, please try clearing browser cache, use another web browser and/or use another computer. If all these give you the same results, factory reset the NAS since there is no volume/data to keep because factory resetting will format the disks too.

When you do this, make sure both disks are inserted so the NAS will automatically build the volume in XRAID configuration. You may change it to FlexRAID if you do not wish to use the mirror RAID later once you are done with the wizard and can get to the admin page. Access boot menu to select factory reset. Once done, let RAIDar detect the NAS then click Setup. This should give you the setup wizard again.

Please also make sure the disks you are using with the NAS is listed on the HCL.

I hope this helps and I apologize for the inconvenience you have exprienced.

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements