× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Admins and Mods?

NASNoob11
Aspirant

Admins and Mods?

I am noticing some strange behavior with our forums. To wit, A) Is there some hidden (to me) timeout timer in play now? I am being logged off of these forums magically! This usually happens just after I get finished carefully crafting a reply with someone. What ever I just typed is lost, and, the forum tells be I need to log in again! How rude. And, B) Now I see that after I log in, I go to a forum/sub-forum I wish to reply to only to find a msg posted that says, "You do not have permissions to read the contents of this forum."

I think that I am properly registered to the ReadyNAS forums since I joined way back when. My UCP does not appear to be dorked up. But, I am getting cranky about this. I believe that I follow all the suggestions, rules, and T&C. I am now clueless. I use FireFox v23.0.1 along with:
Extensions: DuckDuckGo Plus 0.2.53, Flagfox 4.2.12, MS dot-NET framework Assistant 0.0.0, NoScript 2.6.7.1, Preserve Download Modification Timestamp 2011.03.21.22
Plugins (enabled): Foxit Reader Plugin for Mozilla 2.2.3.402, Java(TM) Platform SE 7 U25 10.25.2.17, Shockwave Flash 11.8.800.168, Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library 3.0.2.629
Plugins (disabled): Java Deployment Toolkit 7.0.250.17, MS DRM 9.0.0.4503, MS DRM 9.0.0.4503, Windows Presentation Foundation 3.5.30729.1

This PC has been scanned via MWB (most current), and ESET v5.2214.4. I appear to be clean.

I suppose someone may carp about the above. I am now totally clueless and seek help. I read the ReadyNAS Forums daily. Appreciate any help you can be.
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Your registration details look fine to me. From time to time the forum server does get temperamental, perhaps that is the explanation???
Message 2 of 5
NASNoob11
Aspirant

StephenB,
I'll accept this, but It seems to be getting worse now that I have an active problem to solve. Just spleen-venting. Cheers!
Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

NASNoob wrote:
I am noticing some strange behavior with our forums. To wit, A) Is there some hidden (to me) timeout timer in play now? I am being logged off of these forums magically! This usually happens just after I get finished carefully crafting a reply with someone. What ever I just typed is lost, and, the forum tells be I need to log in again!

Copy your post to the clipboard before you post
NASNoob wrote:

And, B) Now I see that after I log in, I go to a forum/sub-forum I wish to reply to only to find a msg posted that says, "You do not have permissions to read the contents of this forum."

Can you give an example of such a forum or sub-forum?
Message 4 of 5
NASNoob11
Aspirant

mdgm,
Yes, Backup and the sub-forum Frontview Backup. I am back-to-school via StephenB, vanderwe, and others.
So, this AM something changed. When I opened ReadyNAS Forums this AM. I clicked /Backup. I was immediately shown the normal login screen. I logged in and was shunted back to the Board Index. So I clicked Backup again and I was ready to go. No harm, no foul. Nice change of the Board logic. The Jedi may be lurking by I am so glad that you ride herd on us. Always happy to hear from you directly! G'Day mate!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements