× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backing up to my Readynas Duo RND2110 from mu Naim HDX HDD player

Bobftz
Aspirant

Backing up to my Readynas Duo RND2110 from mu Naim HDX HDD player

I have been using my ReadyNas Duo to back up my music files from a Naim HDX HiFi HDD player for a number of years now...........the Network Name for My Naim HDX is NSHDXDB13 and this backing up of my music files has occured without fault for a long time.

The HDX regularly/automatically changes its IP address for music file backup purposes but the Network Name it used has always remained the same hence backing up to my Netgear Duo without needing to make any changes in the ADMIN section of the Netgear display.

This function has now suddenly stopped and communication between the two bits of kit won't happen using the Network Name for the HDX any more. There seems to be no obvious reason for this........no changes of 'kit' or system software etc........so I'm a bit at a loss as to why!!

I can (and have) changed the IP address in the Netgear ADMIN section of the netgear setup/backup display(Jobs 1&2) using the existing/current IP address of the HDX, and the backup system(s) between the two bits of kit now seem to work.

Is there any way that I can get back to the original 'Network Name' arrangement for the HDX so that I don't need to be constantly changing the IP address in the two backup jobs every time I want to back something up?

Any advice or guidance would be very helpful and welcome.

Regards

Bob

Model: ReadyNASRND2110|ReadyNAS Duo
Message 1 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Backing up to my Readynas Duo RND2110 from mu Naim HDX HDD player

I cannot explain why what once worked suddently stopped, but I can give you a work-around.

Go into your router settings and reserve the Naim's current IP address for it.  Then you won't have to worry about the IP changing and breaking the backup.  While you are there, you may want to reserve an address for the NAS too, as that may come in handy later.

Message 2 of 3
Bobftz
Aspirant

Re: Backing up to my Readynas Duo RND2110 from mu Naim HDX HDD player

Many thanks

I Have found that the work around did the job for me.

Thanks again.

Regards

Bob

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements