× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backup: Problem access another network driveBackup, Tips from other users

Lestrad
Aspirant

Backup: Problem access another network driveBackup, Tips from other users

Hello everyone. I'm trying to use the Backup function of my NAS to copy a .rar file from a share on another network drive - a rather old Maxtor SSD - but I keep getting an error:

"Unable to access remote path //192.168.0.13/sauvegarde/Work.rar"

The file in question is on a mapped share that Windows has no trouble accessing, but the NAS can't seem to. How can I get the NAS to authenticate itself to the SSD?

Thanks for listening. Hope somebody can help. The usual disclaimers regarding my cluelessness apply.

Les

ReadyNAS NV+

Windows 7 x64

Maxtor Shared Storage Drive

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Lestrad
Aspirant

Re: Backup: Problem access another network drive

That seems to have been it. With a folder instead of a file as the target, it works. Thanks a million.

I have to say that the error message "Unable to access remote path" isn't very helpful...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: Backup: Problem access another network driveBackup, Tips from other users

The backup facility is intended for backing up folders - I suspect it doesn't work for individual files.  Try putting work.rar in its own folder (mayber workrar), and then use //192.168.0.13 as the hostname, and sauvegarde/workrar as the source path.  Note there is no / before sauvegarde (and use the correct slash direction, which is opposite from windows).

Message 2 of 3
Lestrad
Aspirant

Re: Backup: Problem access another network drive

That seems to have been it. With a folder instead of a file as the target, it works. Thanks a million.

I have to say that the error message "Unable to access remote path" isn't very helpful...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements