× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Before buying it i would like to know...?

LPP74
Follower

Before buying it i would like to know...?

First i nowhere can get info about format(ext4,xfs,hfs etc.) of Netgear ReadyNAS 202(or any other Netgear NAS) that nativly supports?

Second, whether supports hdd with XFS format file system?

I have a hdd with xfs format,Nas is R.I.P. so is there any chanse to combine with RN202 or any other?

Thx in advance!

Model: RN202|ReadyNAS202 2-Bay
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Before buying it i would like to know...?

For the internal disks we format them, so you have no choice of filesystem.

The XFS format isn't currently supported for external USB/eSATA disks. This did work on some firmware prior to 6.4.0 (not sure about 6.3.x which the 200 series originally shipped with). We are looking to releasing an app for the small number of users affected. We currently expect this to be available alongside our upcoming 6.5.0 firmware release.

The other filesystems you mentioned are supported for external USB/eSATA disks.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Before buying it i would like to know...?

For the internal disks we format them, so you have no choice of filesystem.

The XFS format isn't currently supported for external USB/eSATA disks. This did work on some firmware prior to 6.4.0 (not sure about 6.3.x which the 200 series originally shipped with). We are looking to releasing an app for the small number of users affected. We currently expect this to be available alongside our upcoming 6.5.0 firmware release.

The other filesystems you mentioned are supported for external USB/eSATA disks.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements